Your Explore Laos trip is fully catered for with three meals a day. A typical day's menu includes:
Breakfast: Sticky rice, which is served with most meals, soups, baguettes (filled or served with condensed milk!)
Lunch: Sandwiches, soups, broths, sticky rice, fish, noodles, vegetables or salad
Dinner: Rice, noodles, fish, meat, soups, vegetables or salad
Laos cuisine is heavily influenced by Thai and Vietnamese flavours.
Here are a few of the most popular dishes;
- Khao Niew - sticky rice
- Khao Piak Sen - chicken noodle soup
- Laab Moo - minced pork salad
- Kaipen - a snack made with fresh water green algae, garlic, vegetables, and sesame seeds
- Khao Jee Sandwich - a filled baguette style sandwich, popular as a street food snack
- Yall Dib - fresh spring rolls
- Sien Savanh - Laos beef jerky
Check out the Culture Trip website for more information on traditional dishes.