Throughout your Explore Malaysia trip, you will be fully catered for with breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between. On a day to day basis, you can expect both western-style and traditional Malaysian dishes, some of which are eaten by hand.
Indian, Chinese, Thai, Javanese and Sumatran cultures have all influenced Maly cuisine. A typical day's menu includes;
Breakfast: Kaya toast with eggs, chicken, rice, noodles, curry puffs with iced milk tea
Lunch: Rice, fish, chicken, beef, noodles and vegetables
Dinner: Rice, noodles, fish, meat and vegetables
Malaysia is a foodie's heaven. Here are a few of the most popular dishes.
- Nasi Lemak - a fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk
- Roti canai, roti susu & roti telur - flatbreads with various accompaniments
- Rojak - a spicy fruit and vegetable salad
- Asam Laksa - a spicy noodle soup
- Char Kuey Teow - fried rice noodle dish
Check out the Culture Trip website for more dishes.